Wednesday, July 23, 2008

wanting to read.

school is rather dominant presence in my life right now, but soon i will have a few weeks off between semesters and want to fill them with some good books :). i have a list already:

The Time Traveler's Wife (started on the honeymoon...still not finished. but its good!)
(^This title makes me think of The Memory Keeper's Daughter - read it!^)
The Mark of the Lion series - Francine Rivers
The Cost of Discipleship - Bonhoeffer
A Circle of Quiet - Madeline L'Engle

Not that those won't keep me busy for a while, but I'd love more suggestions!

Enjoy your day and these flowers from a beautiful Irish garden I visited last summer.




beautiful things that spring from these rows....

...with their musical names and musical sounds..." - eisley.
















don't forget to play a little today.

3 comments:

Marcus and Meg Asby said...

I have read the Time Traveler's Wife (it's a page turner) and I'm in The Cost of Discipleship right now! Man, it's great. The Memory Keeper's Daughter is in my stack of books to read, but someone said the last part wouldn't be satisfying enough for me. True? Not true? But even those people say it's wonderful.

I blog stalk you, too! Glad we're out in the open now. :) Your wedding photos are gorgeous!!

Danielle said...

i love reading your stuff...

Megan said...

Hey girl! Congrats on y'alls marriage! We all need to hang out soon!

Memory Keeper's Daughter is so good! I also started the Mark of the Lion series but I have only finished the first book-- slow start but get's really good!

I just finished Vintage Jesus and am starting The Shack (which there is tons of controversy on FYI- so run it by your husband before you read it.:)). Brock read it first and you just have to read it knowing that it is not 100% theologically sound. But, it is an amazing story.

Let me know how the rest of the books are!

Megan