Monday, July 21, 2008

digging.

www.love146.org has many insightful facts and statistics to help create a foundation for understanding the reality of modern human slavery. If you then desire to dig deeper into the issue I invite you to join me in reading:

International Labour Office Report 2005
Trafficking In Persons Report 2008
(these take a while to download)

These facts are not for the faint of heart. I pray as I read them, and for you as well should you join me, that your hope for yourself and these victims will rest in the Lord and not the fallen state of mankind. God sees these people. Maybe He desires you to be a part of bringing them freedom. But you are not the answer to their problems, salvation found in Jesus Christ is the answer. I say this in hopes that you will come alongside me in learning about the patterns of human slavery and what we can do to be a part of furthering the Kingdom of heaven, which is already at hand, on earth. Jesus is their only hope - if you are living life with Jesus, you know what I mean. Maybe we can show them Jesus.

No comments: