Tuesday, August 11, 2009

speed of sound.

oh, my.


....overwhelmed.

i think i've started to associate my blog with ireland..with all that happened that which seems so close yet so far away from this moment. this moment, this moment which has me in our new apartment, sitting on the fourth floor of a highrise, looking out on the seminary's lovely little campus. this moment, which is coming not long after the moment i experienced today when someone looked at me and said "we have an offer for you" and hired me to work for a non-profit. this moment, which has me looking at my husband, my apartment, my new life and thinking "God is so good. God is fo faithful."

and what's beautiful to me, is that i was saying the exact same thing in ireland, and it was just as true there as it is here. our lives have changed in almost every way, yet He, our Essential, remains. and that is why He is good, why He is faithful - because He remains center while all else revolves. blessed be the name of the Lord.

1 comment:

Ben and Amy said...

when i read "we have an offer for you"... my leg hair grew. thanks for the chills. i guess i'll shave after i have the baby. i can't reach well. thanks for that too.

i knew inside you'd get a job but that you'd probably have to wait for it. how perfectly in character of our sweet Lord to make us wait on His best.. job and timing :)

rejoicing for you sister. i love you!