Tuesday, January 13, 2009

my, my.

its been quite some time.

i started my new job recently - learning it and loving it so far.

over the break, jared and i went skiing with my family and our best family friends - the kiltz. well, to be completely accurate, we went snowboarding. yes, snowboarding! my very first time on a wintery mountain and i chose to navigate down it strapped into something resembling a surfboard. there were a few tragic falls and frustrating moments, but overall it was literally one of the most fun things i have ever done - and i have to be honest, i felt quite good that i could (somewhat) do it. i've always written myself off as never having an athletic bone in my body - but it looks like i may have found one or two! such fun.

vacations are really important, you know. remember that as we all start dancing toward building our families, our ministries, our jobs. vacations aren't lazy - they're wise, beautiful, sometimes even daring. though, when a vacation starts to feel daring, be careful. often times we think we're a tad more crucial to a situation than we are. the world will not crumble if you take a few days off - i strongly encourage you to try it, especially my out of college friends. breathe in, breathe out, and have the time to realize you just took a breath.

No comments: