Saturday, September 13, 2008

rain, rain, please stay.

...and come again another day.

i enjoy this. i love that we have to be at home (or, in this case, parent's home) and play games, fortunately for us still holding onto the power people - watch movies, and just not have the option or obligation to get in the car and drive somewhere. times like this remind me of how important it is that my soul finds rest in God alone, because, at least for us, a "restful" (seems odd to say during a hurricane...) time like this is so rare. i am grateful that Jesus can bring peace to my soul during a hurricane, during the quietness of a safe house amidst the hurricane, and during the hustle and bustle of normal, sun, school, and social filled life.

i hope you all are safe, dry, and not too wind blown. enjoy the "quiet."

2 comments:

Marcus and Meg Asby said...

I love stormy weather, too. I was secretly excited about being shut-in and secretly disappointed when we didn't lose power (I can still work as long as I have an internet connection . . . boo).

Danielle said...

AMEN ABBY! for real i love HAVING to NOT do anything...well you know, the usual run arounds we all do during the day. can't wait to see you tomorrow!