Wednesday, August 6, 2008

a little more substance.

so, today i started my job at Tricia Barksdale Designs and just love it to pieces. i processed a box of flowers she is using for a wedding this weekend...removed the leaves, cut the stems, etc. sounds boring probably but it really was anything other than boring. i spent 3.5 hours doing that and talking and learning flower names and how to take care of them and it was just so peachy. i hope i keep enjoying it this much and learning this much! its such a blessing to get to work somewhere that i enjoy.

i got some books yesterday! the shack, vintage Jesus, and an anthology kind of book with C.S. Lewis' 7 most read books. i'm really excited about all of them. i know the shack is controversial and i understand why, but i want to read it before i have an opinion about it, and i think sometimes its okay to read something and glean from it the goodness and leave the rest behind. we'll see :).

also (i'm about to go mega-wife here) i'm in the market for some new recipes. you know those times when food just seems boring? i'm in one of them. any good (not too complicated) ideas?

2 comments:

Marcus and Meg Asby said...

My recommendation would be to visit allrecipes.com. You can do an advanced search and type in ingredients you have and find a delicious recipe. The recipes have been reviewed by lots (sometimes thousands) of people, so if you find a five star recipe reviewed by over 100 people, you're pretty much SURE to find something delicious. I also have, I don't know . . . a MILLION recipes I love, so you can e-mail me at meg.asby@gmail.com, tell me what you like, and I'll send you my favorites.

And I totally agree on the read the controversial through the screen of scripture and take the good, leave the bad. Wise words, my sweet friend.

Jenn said...

the shack??? no way! i heard someone talking about that at camp today.

love you - glad you are loving it!